Use the guidelines below to design your LNA™ oligos. The bioinformatics tools below can be used to optimize your designs. In addition to the guidelines presented below, we also have design guidelines for the following applications:
General design guidelines
- LNA™ will bind very tightly to other LNA™ residues. Avoid self-complementarity and cross-hybridization to other LNA™-containing oligonucleotides.
- Keep the GC-content between 30-60 %.
- Avoid stretches of more than 4 LNA™ bases, except when very short (9-10 nt) oligonucleotides are designed.
- Avoid stretches of 3 or more Gs or Cs.
- For novel applications, design guidelines may have to be established empirically.