LNA™ Oligo Tools and Design Guidelines
LNA™-enhanced oligonucleotides have been used successively in a wide range of applications. Use the guidelines below to design your custom LNA™ oligonucleotides. Click here when you are ready to order your LNA™ oligos
. Alternatively, let Exiqon’s experts design optimized LNA™ oligonucleotides for you. Please contact us for more information
. Learn about purification options and yields
Use the guidelines below to design your LNA™ oligos. The bioinformatics tools below can be used to optimize your designs. In addition to the guidelines presented below, we also have design guidelines for the following applications:
General design guidelines
- LNA™ will bind very tightly to other LNA™ residues. Avoid self-complementarity and cross-hybridization to other LNA™-containing oligonucleotides.
- Keep the GC-content between 30-60 %.
- Avoid stretches of more than 4 LNA™ bases, except when very short (9-10 nt) oligonucleotides are designed.
- Avoid stretches of 3 or more Gs or Cs.
- For novel applications, design guidelines may have to be established empirically.